2016 Jun 20
Cooking with Aunty D.
Pol sambol is a household fav. But there’s more you can do with a simple sambol than just have it with rice or idiyappa. This is a dish you’re definitely going to impress your mother-in-law with!
- Pastry Dough 1 Packet
- Pol Sambol
- Egg 1
- Roll out the pastry dough to about the size of an 18 inch rectangle.
- Cut them into squares of your preferred size using a pastry cutter.
- Apply egg wash to the edges.
- Place the pol sambol on the pastry.
- Cover it with another cut out square of puff pastry and seal it in.
- Use a pie or cookie cutter to cut into in to shape.
- Egg wash it and bake it for 15-20 min in the oven at 220F (Gas mark 7).
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!