2016 Apr 9
Cooking with Aunty D.
A deep fried Sri Lankan beauty. Nothing says Avurudu better than some golden brown crispy Kokis on the table. With tradition and time, Kokis is literally now the mother of all Avurudu food. For those of you still struggling to make the perfect Kokis, fear not, with only a week left for Avurudu, we’ve got you covered.
Prep time: 3 hours
- White raw rice flour 250g
- Salt 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1tsp
- Egg 1
- Thick coconut milk 2 ½ cups
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Soak the white raw rice for approx. 1 hour.
- Grind and sieve it.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and egg.
- Add 1 ½ cup of coconut milk and mix well.
- Add Sugar.
- Leave it aside for 2 hours to form the mixture.
- Place Kokis mould in the hot oil and allow it to heat up for some time.
- Dip into the Kokis batter.
Fry until golden brown.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!