2017 Feb 24
Cooking with Aunty D.
Craving delicious parata with some finger licking chicken curry and dhal? Get cooking!
- All purpose flour 3 cups
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Baking soda 1/4 tsp
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Egg 1
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Fortune coconut oil
- Mix sugar, baking soda, salt, milk, water and egg in a bowl.
- Add flour little by little and knead well.
- Apply Fortune coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Put a wet cloth over the dough and set aside for 2 1/2 hours.
- Take small portions and roll into balls.
- Roll the small portions inwards many times and squeeze out into small balls as shown.
- Cover the balls with a wet cloth and keep for 15 minutes. Apply oil to the counter-top and press balls using the bottom edge of your palm.
- Slice through the middle edge and roll out into portions.
- Add 2-3 drops of oil and spread them out.
- Grease the pan with Fortune Coconut Oil and cook on flow flame.
- Brush the oil into it. Flip it over and do the same.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!