2018 Apr 11
A true Sri Lankan favourite! Ever wondered how to make the perfect Thala Kerali?
Check out Aunty D’s recipe below!
• Sesame seeds 250g
• Coconut jaggery 200g
1. Divide the sesame seeds into two halves (125g each)
2. Grind one half of the sesame seeds into a fine powder
3. Scrape the jaggery
4. Grind juggary onto the second half of sesame seeds. Add both ingredients gradually and in layers. Grind until the two ingredients are mixed together well.
5. Add this mixture to the first half of powdered sesame seeds and mix well.
6. Use a small S-lon pipe as a mold and shape the pieces of thala.
7. Wrap and decorate as desired.
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!