2017 Dec 18
A unique and traditional Sri Lankan dish! Try out this delicious Tempered Ash Plantain Peel recipe below!
• Oil 2 tsp
• Sprats 50g
• Onion 1 medium
• Curry leaves & rampa
• Ash plantain 100g
• Chili flakes 1 tsp
• Green chilies 2 no.s
• Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
• Salt 1/8 tsp
• Tomato 1 small
1. Cut Kesel Pothu into small pieces.
2. Heat oil, and then add sprats, onion, curry leaves and rampa.
3. Then add the finely cut ash plantain pothu.
4. Add chili flakes, green chilies, turmeric powder, salt, and finely cut tomato.
5. Cover the lid and cook on a slow flame for 15 – 20 minutes
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!