2016 Nov 9
Cooking with Aunty D.
Nothing can beat the one of a kind flavours of seafood! But what could make it better yet, is cooking it in the comfort of your own kitchen and home. Here’s how you can make stuffed cuttlefish! Get cooking!
- Cuttlefish 150g
- Minced Chicken 50g
- Fortune Corn Oil
- Onion chopped 1
- Garlic cloves 2
- Pepper 1 tsp
- Mushroom 50g
- Bay leaf 2
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp
- Soy sauce 1 tsp
- Prepare the cuttlefish. Pull the body and head apart, remove the transparent pen from the bag and any remaining soft part. Rinse under cold water. Pull off the thin purple layer on the outside.
- Remove the tentacles and the ink sack.
- Use Fortune Corn Oil, minced chicken, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, mushroom, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce to make the filling. Cook for 5- 6 minutes.
- Stuff the squid with the previously made mixture.
- Seal the end using a toothpick or aluminium foil.
- Lay the stuffed cuttlefish in a saute pan with a little oil. Cover the pan with the lid and cook both sides.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!