2016 Jun 28
Cooking with Aunty D.
An Ifthar table isn’t complete without some samosa! Here’s our take on the infamous mutton Samosa.
- Mutton (Boneless) 400g
- Potato 200g
- Onion (Medium Sized) 1
- Garlic Cloves 2
- Salt 1 1/2tsp
- Pepper 2tsp
- Curry Powder 1tsp
- Garam Masala 1/2tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/2tsp
- American Flour 2tbsp
- Water 5tbsp
- Spring Roll / Samosa sheets
- Vegetable Oil
- Dice the mutton into fine cubes.
- Pour oil into a pan and add the mutton. Add salt, curry powder, garam masala and turmeric powder and let it cook for about 10 min.
- Add boiled potato, chopped onions and finely chopped garlic.
- Finally add chopped coriander.
- Place the curry in the corner of a samosa sheet and fold it into a triangle.
- Paste the edges with a water and flour paste.
- Add vegetable oil into a pan and when it heats up fry the samosa until golden brown.
Tip: Don’t keep the samosa sheets in the open for too long before frying it. The air tends to dry it out.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!