2019 Jul 19
Finger licking good, this Kos Ata Curry is ideal for your lunch spread today!
- Kos Ata 400g
- Water to boil Kos Ata
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Onion 1 (medium)
- Green Chili 2 nos.
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Mustard Seeds 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Chili Powder 1 tsp
- Curry Powder 1/2 tsp
- Roasted coconut with other spices (kalu kudu) 2tbsp
- Coconut Milk (second milk) 1 cup
- Thick Coconut Milk 1 1/2 cups
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves/ Rampe
- Tamarind (optional)
- Add water to Kos Ata and boil them well.
- Don’t use salt as it is very difficult to remove the outer cover once the salt is added.
- After boiling, mash each Kos Ata a little.
- Heat oil and add onion, curry leaves, rampe, green chili, garlic, mustard seeds, turmeric powder and mix.
- Add mashed Kos Ata, salt, chili powder, curry powder, kalu kudu and second coconut milk.
- After bringing it to a boil, add the thick coconut milk, reduce the flame, cover with a lid and cook.
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!