2017 Apr 18
This delicious Jaffna Cuttlefish Curry is bound to spice up your table and your life!
Try your hand at this dish full of rich spices and flavourful Jaffna-style cooking and let us know how you fair.
- Cuttlefish 500g
- Curry Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Onion 1 Medium
- Ginger ½ tsp (chopped)
- Garlic 1 tsp (chopped)
- Mustard Seeds ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
- Cloves 2
- Cardamom 1
- Oil 2 tsp
- Garam Masala 2 tsp
- Cut, clean and marinate cuttlefish with curry powder, turmeric, salt and Garam Masala. Keep for 20 minutes.
- Add oil to a pan and add mustard seeds, ginger, garlic, and onion.
- Then add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and the, marinated cuttlefish.
- Add ground cloves, cardamom, and water.
- Cover the lid and cook approximately 20 minutes.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!