2016 Jun 29
Cooking with Aunty D.
An absolutely mouth-watering Arabian delight. Shawarma is an authentic meat preparation where shavings of meat grilled for as long as a day sometimes are wrapped in Pita bread along with vegetables and dressing.
This recipe is more of a quick go-to one, with roasted or fried chicken. It’s easy to make in the morning if you’re struggling with what to make for your kids to take to school to have during their interval. It’s an easy dinner recipe as well, one that takes very less time, but tastes as good.
Prep time: 20 min
- Chicken Breast 300g
- Pepper 1tsp
- Mustard 2tsp
- Knor Chicken Cube ½
- Carrot (small) 1
- Onion (medium) 1
- Tomato (medium) 2
- Ice berg (small) 1
- Oil 2tsp
- Plain Parata 1 packet
- Salt 1tsp
- Boil chicken breast with salt.
- Shred it into pieces.
- Add pepper, mustard and a chicken cube and mix it well.
- Add oil to a pan and fry it until it turns a golden brown.
- Place the parata roti in a saucepan and let it cook.
- Allow it to cool down for a minute or so and then place the chicken, carrot, onion, iceberg and tomato along with some tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and Thousand Island dressing.
- Roll it up nicely and secure with a toothpick.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!