2019 Nov 19
Fragrant and intense, the ambulthiyal is a definite favourite of any Sri Lankan.
Here’s how you can make it at home!
Yellowfin Tuna – 500g
Salt – 1 and a half teaspoons
Pepper – 2 teaspoons
Ground Goraka – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch
Cardamom – 3
Clove – 3
Ginger & Garlic – 1 tablespoon
Water – enough to cover the fish
Pandan & Curry Leaves
1. Cut and wash the yellowfin tuna.
2. Add salt, pepper and ground goraka.
3. Mix them with the fish and leave it for 15 minutes.
4. Add the pandan & curry leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamom, clove, ginger and garlic to a cooking pot.
5. Add water and the fish to the cooking pot.
6. Cook until the gravy dissolves.
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!