2016 Apr 19
Cooking with Aunty D.
Baked chicken is an absolute household favourite. Whether drumsticks, or thighs, there’s nothing that excites your kids more than well cooked chicken on the table. Always keep an eye out to make sure you season the meat and cook it to exactly the amount you want it to. Overcooked or undercooked meat could be an absolute disaster. Put your aprons on, let’s get working!
Prep time: 2 hours
Makes: 4 servings
- Chicken Legs 4
- Salt 1 ½ tsp
- Soy Sauce 2tsp
- Black pepper 2tsp
- Mustard 2tsp
- Finely chopped garlic 4 cloves
- Margarine 1tbsp
- Season the chicken legs with salt, pepper, soy sauce and mustard.
- Flip it over and make sure the seasoning properly infuses itself into the legs.
- Leave it for 30min – 1hr to allow it to marinate.
- Line the baking tray with margarine.
- Pre heat the oven to 220°F (Gas Mark 07).
- Sprinkle finely chopped garlic over the chicken legs.
- Allow it to bake for approx.45 min until golden brown.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!