2017 Apr 7
Cooking with Aunty D.
Avurudu is almost here! You know what is a definite must for your Avurudu table this year? This delicious pani aluwa!
- White raw rice flour 500 g
- Coconut treacle 1 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Lemon zest 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts 100g.
- Place a thick bottomed pan on the heat and add white raw rice flour. Stir until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat coconut treacle, water, sugar and lemon zest.
- When the coconut treacle is thick, add flour and cashew nuts.
- Pour into a tray and cut into desired shape.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!