2017 Apr 7
Cooking with Aunty D.
With avurudu literally a week away, get this Milk Toffee made for this year’s avurudu table!
- Condensed milk 1 can (510g)
- Water 1/2 can
- Sugar 250g
- Vanilla essence 2 tsp
- Lurpak butter 50g
- Cashew nuts 100g.
- Place a thick bottom pan or a non stick pan and pour condensed milk, water, sugar and stir continuously in low heat.
- Add vanilla.
- When the mixture is thick, add lurpak butter & cashew nuts.
- Remove from the heat, pour the contents on to a greased tray & cut squares.
- Serve it to your avurudu table!
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!