2021 Dec 3
Hot Butter Cuttlefish | Cooking With Aunty DTurn your Friday into a Fri-Yay with this crispy and juicy Hot Butter Cuttlefish dish made deliciously by the one and only Aunty D!
The Sri Lankan Hot Butter Cuttlefish recipe encapsulates the true weekend spirit of us Sri Lankans. I mean, what can top a spicy Hot Butter Cuttlefish paired with a cold one and some good company? Nothing, yeah that’s what we thought.
Dig into this recipe and spend your weekends the right way!
Cuttlefish 500 g
Pepper 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Garlic Powder 1/2 tsp
Egg Whites 1 nos
All Purpose Flour 1/2 cup
Corn Flour 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
Paprica 1 tsp
Salt 1/8 tsp
Butter 1 tbsp
Red Dry Chilli 5 nos
Chilli Flakes 1 tbsp
Sugar 1 tsp
- Place sliced cuttlefish in a bowl and proceed to add pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Mix well until the cuttlefish and seasonings are well combined.
- Pour in an egg white and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, add in some all purpose flour, corn flour, turmeric, paprika and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Proceed to thoroughly coat the set aside cuttlefish with the flour mixture.
- In a heated oil skillet, fry the coated cuttlefish and fry until golden brown.
- In a separate pan, add butter, red dry chilli, chilli flakes, sugar, green onion and fried cuttlefish.
- Give it a good mix to combine all ingredients.
- .Proceed to add slices of big onion.
- .Give it one final mix and serve!
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!