2016 Oct 1
Cooking with Aunty D.
With Children’s Day being celebrated today, what better way to shower your kids with love than by cooking some delicious food. Here’s how to make Garlic Shrimp Risotto for your amazing kids this Children’s day! Happy cooking!
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Onion (medium) 1
- Cloves 3
- Cardamom 2
- Basmati rice (washed) 250 g
- Chicken stock (salted) 3 cups
- Oil 1 tsp
- Shrimps 8
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Red bell pepper
- Add olive oil to a cooking pan.
- Add onion, cloves and cardamoms. Fry until onion is transparent.
- Add washed basmati rice and allow to fry for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock (salted) to the rice and allow rice to cool with the stock.
- Heat a saucepan and add oil. Add shrimps and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and red bell pepper.
- Sprinkle parsley, when serving.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking