2016 Sep 30
Cooking with Aunty D.
Why eat plain old rice, when you can cook an easy to make, game-changing Garlic Rice! Happy eating!
- Fortune Basmati rice 500g
- Garlic cloves finely chopped 15
- Margarine 25g
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/3 tsp
- Chicken stock 1 cup
- Chicken 200g
- Sausage 250g
1. Wash and drain 500g of Fortune Basmati rice. Soak for 15 minutes.
2. Heat 25g margarine, cumin seeds and finely chopped garlic
3. Add turmeric powder and washed rice
4. Cook the rice using chicken stock
5. Add salt and pepper to the chicken and fry
6. Fry sausages separately
7. Mix the cooked rice with fried chicken and sausages
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking