2017 Apr 26
Full of rich earthy Sri Lankan spices and lots of homegrown goodness, this Prawn Curry embodies everything that is essentially Sri Lanka.
Try this delicious Sri Lankan Prawn Curry at home. It’s bound to be everyone’s new favourite dish!
- Prawns 250g
- Salt ½ tsp
- Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
- Curry Powder ½ tsp
- Thick coconut milk 2 cups
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Curry leaves and Rampa
- Onion 1 (Medium)
- Fenugreek seeds ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon Stick
- Green chilli 2
- Moringa leaves (optional)
- Lime juice 1/8 tsp
- Clean and wash the prawns. Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and curry powder. Marinate for 10 minutes
- Add thick coconut milk to the cooking pan
- Add garlic, curry leaves, and rampa. Add marinated prawns, onion, fenugreek seeds, green chillies, cinnamon stick and cook for 10 – 15 minutes
- If you like to add moringa leaves, you can add it just before removal from heat
- Remove your prawn curry from the heat and add lime juice
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!