2018 Apr 10
It’s time to get started on those Avurudu goodies! Check out our rulang toffee recipe below!
• Semolina (Rulang) 500g
• Scraped coconut 250g
• Sugar 1 ¼ cups
• Coconut treacle 1 cup
• Salt ¼ tsp
• Vanilla 2tsp
• MeadowLea Fat Spread 3 tbsp
1. Roast semolina in a dry pan until golden brown
2. In another pan add coconut treacle, sugar, salt, scraped coconut, vanilla, and MeadowLea Fat Spread. Cook until you get a sticky pani pol mixture.
3. Then add roasted ruling and mix well.
4. Take the pan off the flame and pour the mixture onto a baking sheet.
5. Keep for 5 – 10 minutes to cool and cut this into small pieces.
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!