2022 Jan 13
Pongal | Cooking With Aunty DThe festival of bountiful harvests has a key component in every celebration; Pongal.
Today, Aunty D presents you the flavoursome goodness of Pongal, which is plentiful in wholesome grains, jaggery and much more!
Watch the full recipe and walk into the season of ‘Thai’ with this deliciously prepared Pongal!
To read the full recipe: https://bit.ly/3tmDy9D
මෙම වීඩියෝව සිංහලෙන් නැරඹීමට: https://bit.ly/31Zd3fi
இக் காணொளியை தமிழில் பார்வையிட - https://bit.ly/3I4lFAn
White Raw Rice 1 cup
Mung Beans 1/4 cups
Water 3 1/4 cups
Cardamom 3 pods
Ghee 1 tsp
Cashew Nuts 1/4 cups
Raisins 1/4 cups
Kithul Jaggery 250 g
Fresh Milk 1 cup
Salt 1 1/4 tsp
Grated Coconut 1/4 cups
- Add white raw rice, mung beans and water into a pot.
- Give it a good mix.
- Once slightly boiled, proceed to add in cardamom and ghee and seal the pot with a lid to let the mixture cook.
- Add ghee to a pan, and sauté some cashew nuts and remove them from the pan.
- Carry out the same process with raisins.
- Next add some Kithul Jaggery and water before giving it a good mix until the jaggery becomes less thick.
- To the white rice mixture, pour in some fresh milk and salt before mixing well.
- Proceed to pour in some grated coconut and liquid kithul jaggery.
- Mix well and seal the pot with a lid to for the mixture to cook.
- Once cooked, add in the roasted cashew nuts and raisins.
- Give it one last mix to combine all the ingredients and finally, serve while hot!
Happy Thai Pongal!
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings ton you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!