2020 Jul 24
Make this savoury South-Indian condiment in the comfort of your own home!
Mango 450 g
Sugar 225 g
Salt 1 tsp
Vinegar 3/4 cups
Garlic 1/2 tsp
Ginger 1/2 tsp
Clove 4 pods
Chili Powder 2 tbsp
Cardamom 1 pod
- Peel and cut mangoes into small cubes.
- Add vinegar, ginger, finely chopped or ground garlic, salt, clove, cardamom and red chili powder and mix well.
- Cover the lid and let cook until the vinegar evaporates under very low flame.
- Add sugar and cook under low flame until the gravy reaches a thick consistency.
- Remove the clove and cardamom pods and put them in an air tight container.