2017 Sep 11
Are you a fan of seafood and Sri Lankan food? This delicious Katta Karawala curry will give you the best of both worlds! Get cooking!
- Katta Karawala 250 g
- Onion (big) 1
- Green chillies 2
- Chilli flakes 1/2 tsp
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Tomato (big) 1
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Curry powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Capsicum 2
- Coconut milk (1st extract) 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk (2nd extract) 1 cup
- Curry leaves & rampa
- Clean and cut katta karawala using hot water.
- Place cleaned katta karawala in a pot and add green chilli, onion, garlic, curry leaves & rampa, chilli powder, turmeric powder, chilli flakes, curry powder and second extract of coconut milk.
- Cover with lid and allow it to cook for 10 minutes
- Then add tomato, capsicum and first extract of coconut milk.
- Do not add salt because the dried fish tends to be quite salty. We clean with hot water since it removes the excess salt.
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!