2022 Jan 5
Fried Keselmuwa Salad | Cooking With Aunty DLet’s be honest, the aftermath of the seasonal feasting has done a number on our jeans. So, why not take a step forward by eating healthy this year?
Start big this year by following Aunty D’s delicious and nutritious Fried Keselmuwa Salad!
Fun fact – It is also vegan-friendly!
Kesel Muwa 1 medium
Onion 1 large
Oil 1 tbsp
Maldive Fish 1/4 tsp
Chilli Flakes 2 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
1. Chop Keselmuwa.
2. Proceed to fry the Keselmuwa until golden brown.
3. Remove the fried Keselmuwa and transfer it to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
4. Fry sliced onions until crispy golden brown.
5. Remove the fried onions and transfer to the paper towel.
6. Fry curry leaves until crispy golden brown and transfer to the paper towel when done.
7. In a pot, sauté Maldive fish until cooked.
8. Proceed to add chilli flakes and salt.
9. Mix well until ingredients are well combined.
10. Proceed to transfer the fried Keselmauwa, onions and curry leaves into the pot.
11. Mix well.
12. Finally, add a dash of lime juice and serve!
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings ton you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!