2020 May 19
Want a snack that is sure to fill you up? Try your hand at this quick and easy Fish Rotti recipe!
All Purpose Flour 2 cups
Salt 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda 1/8 tsp
Water 3/4 cup
Oil 3 tbsp
Oil 1 1/2 tbsp
Onion 1 big
Garlic 4 cloves
Cardamom 2 pods
Green Chilli 2
Fish (Boiled Tuna or Tin Fish or Thalapath) 250g
Boiled Potato 150g
Salt 1 tsp
Chilli Flakes 1 1/2 tsp
Pepper 1/2 tsp
Turmeric 1/3 tsp
Curry Powder 1/2 tsp
Maggi Fish Soup Cube 1
- Pour flour into a mixing bowl and add salt and baking soda, mix well.
- Add water and make a ball using oil. (Coconut oil will enhance flavour and aroma)
- Cover flour balls and keep it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, make small balls to use Fish Rotti. Sprinkle with some coconut oil and keep for another 2 hours.
- Heat oil and add onion, garlic, curry leaves, cardamom (crushed). Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Then add boiled fish, boiled potato, salt, chilli flakes, pepper, turmeric, curry powder and Maggi fish soup cube.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Take one flour ball and stretch it, add little oil if it is dry. Place filling and roll it up.
- Turn all six sides and cook using a flat bottom pan.
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!