2021 Dec 22
Christmas Rice with Crispy Chicken | Cooking with Aunty DChicken fried rice is without a doubt a favourite of every Sri Lankan. So, how about taking your Christmas meal up a notch by following Aunty D’s Christmas Rice with Crispy Chicken recipe? You can thank us later!
Aunty D’s delicious rendition of this renowned Sri Lankan meal comes with an interesting twist. She prepares her Christmas rice with the Crizzpy’s juicy and succulent crispy chicken.
Go ahead, upgrade your Christmas lunch with Crizzpy’s!
Keep watching to see how you can make this Christmas Rice with Crispy Chicken at home!
Read the full recipe: https://bit.ly/32gIvWo
Washed Rice 1 1/2 cups
Stock 3/4 cups
Water 1/4 cups
Cardamom clove 3
Cinnamon 1 inch
Bay Leaves 3
Salt 1/2 tsp
Big Onion 1 medium
Garlic Powder 1/2 tsp
Pepper 1/2 tsp
Red/Green Bell Pepper 1 small
- In a pot, add in the washed rice, stock, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, salt and water before letting the rice cook.
- Remove the rice from the stove.
- Proceed to deep fry Crizzpy’s crispy chicken until golden brown.
- In a separate pan, saute some chopped big onions, garlic powder, pepper and red/green pepper until cooked.
- Add the fried crispy chicken into the pot and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Next, add the cooked rice into the pot and give it a good mix.
- Finally, add some bacon slices for the finishing touch and serve!
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings ton you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!