2021 Mar 24
White Raw Rice 2 cups
Scraped Coconut 1 1/2 cups
Coconut Water 1/4 cup
Yeast 1 tsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Thick Coconut Milk 1 1/2 cups
Salt 2 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Boneless Chicken 250g
Pepper 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder 1 1/2 tsp
Garlic Powder 1/2 tsp
Green Chillis 4 nos
Onion 1 large
- Add raw rice into a bowl of water and let it soak for 2 hours.
- Add the soaked rice, scraped coconut and coconut water into a blender and blend well.
- Add yeast and sugar to the paste made, mix it well and let it rest for 5 – 6 hours.
- Add thick coconut milk and salt to the paste and mix well.
- Add oil to the pan, followed by boneless chicken, pepper, turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and stir well until chicken is cooked.
- Add garlic powder, green chillis, onions and stir well.
- Add the hopper paste into an appropriate pan, spread it evenly and add an egg into the middle.
- When the hopper is halfway cooked, add the chicken mix made previously, into the centre of the hopper.
- Finally, remove the hopper from the pan when cooked completely.
- Enjoy your chicken hoppers with a cold glass of Coca-Cola.
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!