2015 Nov 19
Simply Cook Looking by AZMA
Introducing, ‘The Blondies!’ Where Caramel Buttery love meets Chocolate Chunks and fudge. You know you can’t go wrong when this decadent treat is on your table. Top generously with cherries and you have an absolute favorite!
- 1 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (140 grams) all-purpose flour
- Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Heat oven to 175’C. Line an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir brown sugar and melted butter with the egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Mix in salt with flour and add evenly onto the mix. Fold in gently until the flour is incorporated into the wet ingredients.
- Spread the batter evenly in lined pan, add cherries and dark chocolate chunks and bake 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted towards the edge comes out clean.
- Cool then cut into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!