Cooking with Aunty D.
Here’s a tangy and yummy Lankan curry you can have with your rice! Get cooking!
- Ambarella 500 g
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Onion (small) 1
- Green chillies 2
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder 1 1/2 tsp
- Curry powder 1 tsp
- Sugar 3 tbsp
- Coconut milk (first extract) 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk (second extract) 1 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves and rampa
- Roasted mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Salt 1 1/4 tsp
- Cut ambarella into small pieces.
- Add garlic, green chillies, onion, curry leaves, rampa, turmeric powder, chilli powder, curry powder and sugar. Then add coconut milk (second extract).
- Cook for about 10 minutes and add coconut milk (first extract). Cover with the lid and cook for another 15 minutes on very low heat.
- Finally add roasted mustard seeds.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!